Had a great night at the track on Friday evening at Kawartha. Although it was spitting rain through much of the evening, it didn't affect the racing until the OSCAAR Outlaws took to the track for their first feature of the season. Unfortunately, a downpour just moments before the green flag put an end to the action. OSCAAR will try to get its first feature into the books in two weeks at Barrie Speedway.
But prior to that, it was a great show through the OSCAAR heats (John Fletcher looks FAST!) and the Kawartha home-track features. The Late Model feature went to Kyle Donaldson, while young Todd Delisle won his first Ltd. LM feature by holding off 'Stompin' Tom Walters.
I haven't heard anything about the make-up date yet for the OSCAAR main.
Saw a ton of people in the pits. Brad Moran, the co-owner of Barrie Speedway, was there and he confirmed that they're just about ready to complete the re-banking of turn 4 and the re-paving of the entire track. It was to have been done a few weeks back, but the weather delayed the project.
Recently retired OSCAAR photographer Betty Everingham was there.... with a camera. Old habits die hard. Derek Smith (racepulse.com) was there, too, and promises to post shots on his excellent site in short order. Dave Franks, Randy Collins, Peter Brand, Bob Lawless & Kristina Quinn and OSCAAR media's Don McLeod & Sandy MacFarlane and Dave Gainforth were also there. Sorry if I missed anyone. It appears Fridays at Kawartha will be as popular with the press as it will be with the fans.
A lot of people were talking about the recent sale of Cayuga Speedway and the good news that the track is poised for a Renaissance.
Finally, thanks to Derek Lynch and his team for their hospitality. I can see right now that it will be very tempting to cut out of work early on Fridays and head to Kawartha this summer!
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
"OSCAAR BLOWS IT AGAIN"!!! After their feature got rained out at Kawartha they have re-scheduled to their second event at Kawartha on August 11th,but get this,THEY WILL ONLY RUN TWO 35 LAP FEATURES ON AUGUST 11TH,cheating the fans out of even more laps.Instead of getting 90 laps of Oscaar racing that night we,the fans{remember us} only get 70 laps and instead of 5 races that night we only get 2.Instead of seeing 180 total of Oscaar racing at Kawartha in 2006 we only get 110.
Just the last straw that broke this camels back and i've had enough of Oscaar's very poor choices of late,like breaking their 5 year rules freeze deal with the teams and allowing new $60,000 aluminium motors and voting the guys off the board that didn't agree with the breaking of the rule [70-54-90] and that cost them several cars.Not re-scheduleing their rained out opener from Flamboro.They are the only series that just seems to say "Oh well,lets just cancell".The loss of the 80-81 Micelli team because of an arguement over not letting Bart run Vito's car for points when Vito was in Italy.Now the 80 is for sale on the Sunset site[$12,500}The list goes on and the car count shows that their choices "SUCK".
GOODBYE OSCAAR,YOU FINALLY LOST THIS FAN AND IF YOU CAN LOOSE ME AS A SLM-OUTLAW FAN YOU CAN LOOSE ANYBODY.
Now,i fully expect the typically wishy-washy politically correct reason/excuse to come from Oscaar "HEADS" but i'm not buying their bull any more.These are my honest opinions and the last time i looked Canada is still a semi-free country!
WOW as a representative of Kawartha Speedway you sure aren't doing Derek Lynch any justice by this post Mr McCullough . I highly doubt that after Mr Lynch and Mr Ambrose see your post that you will retain your season pass . Its unbelievable how ungrateful some people can be considering OSCAAR or Kawartha Speedway didn't have to reschedule the feature at all but they did and I think that is awesome of them !!! Personally I would rather see the two features with ALL cars included than see smaller shorter lap heat races .
You should probably start saving your cash because I am sure you will soon be paying your own way into Kawartha on Friday nights .
When it comes to the general rules and regulations I think you should leave that to the professionals , we as fans can not dictate to the higher ups what they can and can't do with their rules .
OSCAAR hasn't lost this fan , Im sure you are the one and only !!!
GEE,THANKS MR.ANONYMOUS FAN OF ALL RACING,BUT I'D CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS MORE OR AT ALL IF YOU HAD THE INTEGRITY TO POST YOUR REAL NAME WITH YOUR OPIONS,LIKE I ALWAYS DO.UNTIL YOU DO,THEY MEAN NOTHING.
NOW,TO AN IMPORTANT RACING TOPIC.OSCAAR IS NOW RUNNING HEAT RACES [4 PROBABLY] ON THE CARD WITH THE ORIGINALLY SCEHEDULED TWIN 35 LAP FEATURES.I THINK THIS IS A GREAT MOVE BY OSCAAR/KAWARTHA AND NOW MAKES THE NEW FORMAT EVEN BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL FORMAT,ESPECIALLY WITH THE FIRST 35 FINISH INVERTED FOR THE SECOND 35.FAST BOYS START REAR LIKE ALL THE FANS HAVE ALWAYS WANTED AND NOW ONLY HAVE 35 LAPS INSTEAD OF 50 TO GET THROUGH THE FIELD.
WITH THE KAWARTHA LM/LLM/THUNDER/MINI ON THE CARD AND THE NEW OSCAAR FORMAT IT SHOULD BE A "DO NOT MISS EVENT" FOR ANY FAN.
CONGRATULATIONS OSCAAR/KAWARTHA ON GETTING TOGETHER TO RE-SCHEDULE AND NOT JUST INTO A GOOD EVENT BUT A GREAT ONE!!!ONE THAT THE FAN/PIT GATE PRICES DON'T GO UP AT BY THE WAY!!!
TOO BAD THE DELAWARE LM HAVE TO RACE THERE FOR POINTS AUGUST 11TH OR IT'D BE ONE OF THE TOP THREE SHOWS IN ONTARIO THIS SEASON.
NOW,I KNOW PEOPLE GET UPSET WITH ME POSTING MY TRUE FEELINGS AND OPINIONS,ESPECIALLY WHEN I DON'T AGREE WITH THEIR SIDE OF THINGS.MY OPINIONS OF SERIES,TRACKS ETC...AND THEIR CHOICES/DECISIONS CHANGES AS THOSE CHANGES AND DECISIONS CHANGE AND I THINK ANY INTELLIGENT PERSON WHEYS THE FACTS AND FORMS OPINIONS ON THE FACTS AS THEY COME IN.THAT SAID,I APPLAUD OSCAAR/KAWARTHA FOR RUNNING THE NEW FORMAT AND MY OPINION THINGS HAS CHANGED AND FOR THE BETTER,MUCH BETTER BY THE WAY!
WAY TO GO OSCAAR AND KIM AND KAWARTHA AND DEREK.YOU HAVE MADE A SILK PURSE OUT OF A COWS EAR,SO TO SPEAK.
INTEGRITY INTACT-BRIAN MCCULLOUGH
MAYBE "OTHERS/ANONYMOUS" COULD GET SOME!
MAYBE WHEN YOU ANON-BM HATERS OUT THERE,DO HALF I DO FOR RACING,I MIGHT CARE WHAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE BUT ONLY IF YOU USE YOUR REAL NAMES.
HAVE A NICE DAY :)
Brian, I've watched you destroy message boards, seen you paste racist and derogatory things on your own and others web sites, I've caught you stealing my own photo's, and when your caught, you lie to the web-host, still claiming them as your own, but this line " INTEGRITY INTACT" just cracks me up.
You list a series of things "wrong" with OSCAAR, and with the rescheduled rain date, claim that they have lost you as a fan, and they have no way to get you back, as your "not buying their bull any more."
Fine, you've stated your opinion. In fact, you state it on a number of message boards, just to reinforce the idea that you are done with OSCAAR, and won't be back.
Then, OSCAAR/Kawartha indicate that there will be 4 heat races. They don't mention anything about your long list of concerns, only that there will be 4 heat races. Suddenly it's the" DO NOT MISS EVENT" of the racing season. So, add a few laps of racing, and that long list of complaints just goes away, and your back as a fan.
Oh ya, I can see how you still have your "integrity"!
Then, at the end of your comment, you say "MAYBE WHEN YOU ANON-BM HATERS OUT THERE,DO HALF I DO FOR RACING,I MIGHT CARE WHAT YOUR OPINIONS ARE"
Here's what I've learned about what you "do" for racing:
You make fun of any class you don't like, which has included about every class of racing out there.
You have wished for drivers to be hurt, or even killed, during a race.
You predict the end of pretty much every single racing class in Ontario, every year, and then say "see, I told you so", even as they still run.
You make up "personalities" so you can continue to post on message boards that you claim "suck" or your don't go to.
You post pictures, and make childish comments about the drivers/fans/family members.
You tell drivers that they are not "real race car drivers" if they don't spend 24 hours and 7 days a week on racing, even to the point of giving up a family life. You call them suckers for having a steady job, which allows them to race each week.
You destroy message boards that teams take the time to open to keep fans up to date, and to have rational discussions on.
Wow. your right, if i'm following from this list, I guess I don't do as much as you do for racing! You must be very proud of your "work".
joe hamilton
Good Lord , who do you think you are Brian McCullough , you come off sounding like you are someone of great importance to racing or something , that OSCAAR and Kawartha would actually take something you say seriously . Id say you are lucky that they are even doing a make up feature because they really don't have to . Problem with doing that however is that cars doing the first feature risk not being able to run the heats or feature of the scheduled race and that in fact could mean a worse show . So Im really up in the air as to whether or not its worth even doing it that way . Friday night is over , perhaps they should of just left it that way . Could you imagine what would happen if Nascar did something like that ? Imagine the points championship being determined by having a car wreck in the first race and not being able to go in the second . You keep bringing up being ripped off laps , get off that crap really , who cares .
Lets have all cars being able to compete and the points decided and the championship won fairly .
WHERE DID MY PRO-OSCAAR/KAWARTHA POST GO.CENSORED? MAYBE THAT'S WHY YOU DIN'T GET ANY COMMENTS.
BM: The one you posted at 7:24 p.m.? The one that's still there? I have yet to pull a comment from this board. Look again.
Post a Comment