**photos by Sylvain Lauwers
August 21, 2011, GRIMSBY, ON – Jeff Lapcevich charged from a 10th place starting spot to finish fourth in his #23 Tim Hortons-sponsored Dodge in Montreal Saturday. The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series event was contested prior to the NASCAR Nationwide race on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
“We knew we had a good car this weekend,” said Lapcevich. “That race was a lot of fun. Our Tim Hortons car handled great, and it was even better under braking. I could out-brake nearly anybody out there.”
Lapcevich made most of his passes on the track’s two hardest braking points, but a few untimely caution periods cost him a great deal of momentum.
“The first caution was the toughest,” said Lapcevich. “I felt like my car was a lot faster than everyone else’s at the beginning of the race. I think we would have been on the podium if I passed one or two more cars before the yellows started to fly.”
By Canadian Tire Series rules the races revert to the previous scored lap to line up for restarts after a caution. The rule forced Lapcevich to relinquish a couple of spots during the race. Despite the setbacks Lapcevich passed a few drivers multiple times during the race before finding himself battling in the top five.
“On one restart I drove alongside the 11 car, and we got together,” said Lapcevich. “I gave him plenty of room, but he didn’t give the same respect. He got into my left front wheel pretty hard, and it knocked the alignment out. I passed a few cars after that to fight back to fourth.
“It was a tough weekend. We were penalized with only one lap during qualifying, and my crew was more confident than I was that we’d be ok. All things considered 10th was a good starting spot. I’m happy to close out our road racing season with a solid result. It gives us plenty to build on for next year.”
Three races remain in the 2011 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series schedule including two events in Ontario and one race in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, where Lapcevich seems to shine.
For more information on Jeff Lapcevich and Fastline Motorsports visit the newly redesigned www.LapcevichRacing.com.
- 30 –
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Adam Ross
Fastline Motorsports PR
adamrossenterprises@gmail.com
519-212-8632

No comments:
Post a Comment