Friday, February 29, 2008

Paul Tracy weighs his IRL options... rules out driving (for) hot dogs


Canadian open-wheel veteran Paul Tracy is weighing his options in the newly-merged IRL following the news that his former team has opted not to play.

This story on TSN says PT is looking for $1 million to race in '08, and includes the quote: "(Oval racing) is pretty dangerous, and I'm not going to drive for hamburgers and hot dogs."


UPDATE: Maybe PT did drive the WeinerMobile.... this post from the CASC-OR forum from a few weeks back offers a clue... and concludes with this unfortunate photo. Must have hit a patch of slippery mustard.... (h/t Mike Galipeau)

... can you tell it's Friday?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is more concerned about the money than getting the most competitive drive he can find, maybe it is time to pack it in.

I wonder if Forsythe owes him anything on that long term contract?

Anonymous said...

From what I have seen in recent years, Paul should avoid hamburgers and hot dogs...and donuts, and gravy, and....

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Paul. Ovals are risky in these IRL cars and as he is close to the end of his career, why should he take risk with no reward?

He could probably pick up a NASCAR ride also if open wheel doesn't want him. He is known in the Sprint Cup paddock, some one will have an interest I am sure. Less risk also.

Anonymous said...

Tracy in NASCAR? His brief Busch career in 2006 showed that he has no talent for driving stock cars. IF he can get a NASCAR ride, he will finish his career as a backmarker. If he can get a decent IRL ride, he can go out a winner. In an open wheel car on an oval, no one is better. If winning isn't his main priority, he should not be racing.

Anonymous said...

...and pizza and cake and sausages and milkshakes...

Anonymous said...

well I use too live in Vegas from 01-06 and trained some with Paul on the bike he was in really good shape and racing really well then. I cant believe someone would not pick up Paul tracy as a irl driver. He is one of the best drivers in the world. come on guys show Paul some LOVE